At Animal Care Veterinary Hospital, we perform a variety of routine and urgent soft tissue surgeries.
Pet Surgery in Greenville, NC
Surgery helps improve lives for many pets by correcting and even preventing certain illnesses. At Animal Care Veterinary Hospital, we perform a variety of routine and urgent soft tissue surgeries. Our veterinarians are also trained in using a surgical laser, which is superior to a scalpel as it helps to speed your pet’s recovery.
Why use a surgical laser for pet surgery?
A surgical laser cuts through tissue in a different way than a scalpel. Instead of bruising and puncturing the skin, the laser cauterizes the tissue and blood vessels as it cuts, which offers several benefits to your pet:
- Reduces pain and inflammation
- Reduces bleeding
- Decreases the risk of infection
- Decreases bruising
Our Surgical Procedures for Pets
Our veterinarians are skilled in soft tissue surgeries (surgery on organs, the abdomen, and tissue). Some of the surgeries we commonly perform include:
- Mass/tumor removals
- Foreign body removal
- Spays and neuters
- Basic eye surgeries (cherry eye, inoculation, etc.)
- Abdominal procedures
- Cystotomies (bladder surgery)
- Wound repair
- And more
How We Ensure Your Pet’s Safety Before, During & After Surgery
We use the same strict safety precautions for every surgical procedure to minimize their risks and maximize surgical success.
Safety protocols we employ:
- Pre-anesthetic blood work and an exam prior to the procedure
- IV catheter placement to supply fluids to your pet
- A surgical technician who monitors your pet from start to finish
- Monitoring equipment that tracks all your pet’s vitals
- Pain medication to reduce discomfort throughout the procedure and recovery