Problems Caused by Dental Disease
Preventing Dental Disease in Cats & Dogs
- Brushing your pet’s teeth
- Adding dental chews and dental treats to your pet’s diet
- Using water additives and oral rinses
- Giving your pet dental toys to play with
- Putting your pet on a tartar control diet
- Visiting the vet for regular check-ups and teeth cleanings
Our Professional Pet Teeth Cleaning Services
At Animal Care Veterinary Hospital, we perform comprehensive cat and dog teeth cleaning services under general anesthesia for the safety and comfort of your pet. We take all the safety precautions necessary to ensure your pet has a smooth, risk-free procedure.
Our teeth cleaning procedures often include:
- Digital dental X-rays and an oral exam to assess tooth and gum health
- Ultrasonic and hand scaling that removes plaque and tartar both above and below the gum line
- Polishing of each tooth’s enamel to smooth the surface and reduce future tartar buildup
- Extractions of damaged teeth, if necessary*
*We’ll first ask your permission before we perform any extractions. Pain management will also be provided in order to ensure your pet remains comfortable throughout the procedure and their recovery.